Your employment may require you to enter confined spaces and permit-required confined spaces which are specific types of confined spaces that can present fatal hazards. Examples of confined areas that OSHA may classify as permit spaces include tanks, sewers, storm drains, boilers and HVAC ducts.
This instructor-led annual refresher course covers OSHA’s confined spaces standard which requires workers to receive adequate training before performing tasks inside confined spaces and permit-required confined spaces. The course presents a general overview of confined space regulations as they relate to entrants, attendants, and supervisors. It covers the proper methods and rules that must be followed before, during, and after confined space entry. Confined space training also addresses the role of initial and atmospheric testing and ongoing monitoring. The entry permit and the permit space safety program; examples of accidents and fatalities in confined spaces; and duties and responsibilities of key confined space personnel are also covered in this training.
Upon successful completion of this annual refresher course, you will receive an official Certificate of Completion.
About the Confined Space-Permit Required & Non Permit-*Refresher* Course
The primary goal of this annual refresher course is to teach workers on how to work safely in confined spaces. You’ll learn the difference between confined spaces and permit-required confined spaces, as well as safety procedures that can prevent common accidents and emergencies.
Key Learning Objectives
This annual refresher course is ideal for workers required to enter dangerous confined spaces on the job.
Upon completion of the course, you’ll be prepared to:
- Explain the differences between confined spaces and permit spaces.
- Select the appropriate personal protective equipment for work in permit spaces.
- Explain the types and characteristics of confined spaces and the associated hazards.
- Explain the role of initial and atmospheric testing and ongoing monitoring.
- List the steps to take during emergencies in confined spaces.
- Describe OSHA procedures and standards for permit-required confined spaces.