The Asbestos Project Monitor-Refresher Course recertifies individuals to function as the on-site representative of the facility owner or supervisor during an asbestos abatement project. Project Monitors interpret project specifications or abatement plans and monitor contractor or employee compliance with applicable rules, regulations, or specifications. This Instructor-led course prepares you to immediately apply your knowledge to the field, with extensive hands-on training and real-world examples from experienced instructors. Upon completion of the Asbestos Project Monitor-Refresher Course, a closed book examination will be administered. Each examination shall cover the topics included in the Asbestos Project Monitor-Refresher training program. Persons who pass the examination and fulfill training program requirements will receive a Certificate of Completion/Recertification.
About the Asbestos Project Monitor-Refresher Course
Those applicants who are currently accredited as supervisors or project designers should complete the 8-hour project monitor refresher training program and examination. The Asbestos Project Monitor-Refresher Course includes lectures, demonstrations, training program review, examination, and hands-on training which allows project monitors the experience of performing actual tasks associated with asbestos project monitoring. This refresher course is essential for recertification.
Topics covered in the Asbestos Project Monitor-Refresher Course include:
- Air monitoring.
- Overview of supervisory techniques for asbestos abatement activities to include the information covered in the accredited asbestos supervisor training program.
- A review of the required work practices and safety considerations.
- Fiber aerodynamics and control.
- Project specifications. Discussion of key elements that are included in contract specifications.
- Conducting inspections.
- Record keeping and documentation.
- Role of project monitor in relation to:
- Occupied buildings.
- A review of NESHAP Guidance Documents.