The Lead Inspector-Refresher training provides information for individuals who perform lead-based paint inspections and clearance examinations on abatement and renovation projects. This Instructor-led course teaches the legal obligations facing inspectors when inspecting for lead hazards, and individuals will learn to determine whether or not lead-based paint or other lead hazards are present in sufficient quantities to require abatement according to regulatory guidelines. This workshop prepares you to apply your knowledge to the field, with extensive hands-on training and real-world examples from experienced instructors.
About the Lead Inspector-Refresher Training course.
The Lead Inspector Refresher course is to re-certify students as lead-based-paint inspectors. The material will be presented by an instructor utilizing various media types including: slide presentations, videos, and printed material. Hands-on exercises and paint chip sampling are incorporated into the training to familiarize the student with the practical aspects of performing a lead inspection.
Topics covered in the Lead Inspector-Refresher Training course include:
- Background information on lead.
- Health effects of lead.
- Regulatory review.
- Applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Roles and responsibilities of the lead-based paint inspector.
- Lead-based paint inspection methods, including selection of rooms and components for sampling or testing
- Paint, dust, and soil sampling methodologies.
- Preparation of the final inspection report.
- Clearance standards and testing, including random sampling.