The Lead Risk Assessor-Refresher training course provides information to individuals who wish to perform lead-based paint Risk Assessment or Lead Hazard Screening services. This Instructor-led class will recertify students and allow them to perform on-site inspection, take samples, determine the severity of lead hazards, and develop options for eliminating those hazards. This training will prepare students to apply their knowledge to the field, with extensive hands-on training and real-world examples from experienced instructors.
About the Lead Risk Assessor-Refresher training course.
This course meets EPA’s recertification training requirements for those individuals that will perform lead-based paint Risk Assessment or Lead Hazard Screening services. A Risk Assessor can perform all of the duties that an Inspector can. In addition, a Risk Assessor is responsible for identifying all lead-based paint hazards, making recommendations for their treatment and recommending maintenance and monitoring schedules.
Topics covered in the Lead Risk Assessor-Refresher training course include:
- Role and responsibilities of a risk assessor.
- Regulatory review.
- Applicable federal, state and local regulations that pertain to lead-based paint.
- Collection of background information to perform risk assessment.
- Visual inspection for the purpose of identifying potential sources of lead-based hazards.
- Sources of environmental lead contamination such as paint, surface dust, water, air, packaging, and food.
- Lead hazard screen protocol.
- Sampling for other sources of lead exposure.
- Interpretation of lead-based paint and other sampling results.
- Development of hazard control options, the role of interim controls, and operations and maintenance activities to reduce lead-based paint hazards.
- Preparation of a final risk assessment report.