The Lead Abatement Supervisor-Refresher training provides information on lead-based paint abatement and regulatory guidelines for those individuals that will plan and oversee lead abatement work. The Instructor-led course covers essential abatement procedures including site preparation, contract planning, project management, abatement implementation and record-keeping. The training prepares you to apply your knowledge to the field, with extensive hands-on training and real-world examples from experienced instructors.
About the Lead Abatement Supervisor-Refresher Course.
A certified Lead Abatement Supervisor can perform all of the duties that a Lead Worker can. Additionally, a Supervisor is responsible for occupant safety during the abatement process and for writing the abatement plan. The course focuses on essential abatement procedures including site preparation, contract planning, project management, abatement implementation and record-keeping. The training prepares students for a position as a Lead Abatement Supervisor.
Topics covered in the Lead Abatement Supervisor-Refresher training include:
- Role and responsibilities of an abatement supervisor.
- Background information on lead and the adverse health effects.
- Background information on federal, state and local regulations and guidance.
- Lead-Based Paint Activities Regulations.
- Liability and insurance issues relating to lead-based paint abatement.
- Risk assessment and inspection report interpretation.
- Development and implementation an Occupant Protection Plan and abatement report.
- Lead-based paint hazard recognition and control methods.
- Lead-based paint abatement or lead hazard reduction methods, including restricted work practices.* Including Air Monitoring
- Interior dust abatement/clean-up or lead hazard reduction.
- Soil and exterior dust abatement or lead hazard reduction.
- Clearance standards and testing.
- Clean-up and waste disposal.